Please scroll to view a selection of clients and project highlights from Jonathan Eifert Public Relations. Read what other people think about our work.
Jonathan Eifert Public Relations executes strategic public relations and marketing/communications for classical music clientele throughout the U. S., U. K., and Europe. On behalf of organizations and artists, we've promoted high-profile concerts and events at Carnegie Hall, Kimmel Center, Severance Hall, Cleveland Museum of Art, Feinstein’s/54 Below, Miller Symphony Hall, Portland State University, McCarter Theatre, and Princeton University.
Overall, we build the reputation of clients so they are more recognizable within a chosen niche (national, local, music industry, etc.) and implement highly desired marketing sizzle to accomplish their chosen objectives.
- Press relations for Martha Argerich's first-ever performance at Severance Hall in Cleveland
- Press relations for soprano Deborah Voigt's first time singing a new opera, Roscoe by Evan Mack, with the Albany Symphony
- Content and branding strategy for the online hit show Living the Classical Life
- Social media strategy for tenor Michael Fabiano
- Consulting, social media, and press relations for the Cleveland International Piano Competition
- Handled PR for soprano Larisa Martinez's debut at Madison Square Garden with Andrea Bocelli
- Helped broker a media partnership between medici.tv, The Cleveland Orchestra, and the Cleveland International Piano Competition
Portland Piano International
Project: Manage the mass email marketing, social media, and international press for the organization at-large starring some of the top pianists in the world today including Yuja Wang, Angela Hewitt, Kirill Gerstein, Olga Kern, Benjamin Grosvenor, and Yekwon Sunwoo (winter 2017 - present).
- Managed all mass email blasts and social media campaigns designed to sell tickets and raise public profile.
- Increased social following: Facebook by 36%, Twitter by 374%, and Instagram by 3,137% (in only six months).
- Developed video content to market concert series, SOLO.
- Landed the first major profile in International Piano magazine celebrating the organization's storied 40-year history.
Cleveland International Piano Competition
Project: Represented the competition to the global press and consulted on social media and email marketing communication to build cachet (fall 2015 - fall 2017). Worked with notable artists such as Martha Argerich and Sergei Babayan, and organizations such as medici.tv and The Cleveland Orchestra.
- Provided press/media relations for Martha Argerich’s first-ever Cleveland appearance with Sergei Babayan.
- Provided press/media relations for the Carnegie Hall debut of Nikita Mndoyants, first-prize winner of CIPC.
- Provided press/media relations for the 2016 competition; consulted with CIPC staff to craft social media campaigns and email marketing communication designed to sell tickets and position the competition as one of the top piano competitions in the world.
- Managed all social media accounts on-site for the 2016 competition, hosted press, and increased Facebook page likes from 2,100 fans to over 32,000 fans.
- Brokered media partnership between medici.tv and CIPC for the first-ever webcast with The Cleveland Orchestra.
Miller Symphony Hall / allentown Symphony Orchestra
Project: Manage social media accounts and mass email marketing for the 1,100-seat theater for 70+ concerts per year starring the Allentown Symphony Orchestra, jazz, comedy, and family shows (fall 2016 - present). Headline names include Angela Meade, George Li, and Branford Marsalis.
- Managed mass email blasts and social media communication/advertising to sell tickets to an 1,100-seat theater for 70+ concerts/events per season.
- Increased social following: Facebook by 69%, Twitter by 110%, and Instagram by 470% (in only six months).
- Developed video content for social media to increase brand awareness, influence, and reach.
Philadelphia Young Pianists' Academy (PYPA)
Project: Provide marketing and PR support for the festival including the educational program featuring Gary Graffman and eight public concerts starring Ching-Yun Hu and Simone Dinnerstein, among many others (fall 2017 - present).
- Expanded the participant pool to include applicants from Europe, Asia, and the United States.
- Marketed the festival via social media, building a piano-centric brand targeted toward student-pianists.
- Generated content for mass e-blasts and social media to promote eight festival concerts to the Philadelphia community starring Ching-Yun Hu, Jerome Lowenthal, Simone Dinnerstein, and Charles Abramovic.
- Built the organization's Instagram and Twitter following from zero to nearly 4,000 followers in total.
- Provided on-site social media management to capture the excitement and to have marketing collateral for future festivals.
PIANOFEST IN THE HAMPTONS
Project: Manage all communications to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the organization including press placement and creating new marketing collateral: program book, ads, social media content, and new website (winter 2018 - present).
- Secured press placement in the Southampton Press, East Hampton Star, Sag Harbor Express, Dan's Papers, WSHU, International Piano, Pianist Magazine, Hamptons.com, and more.
- Managed redesign of the Pianofest website.
- Grew Instagram account from 100 followers to over 1,100 in only three months.
- Managed the design, printing, and distribution of the 30th anniversary program book.
- Created new marketing collateral: newspaper ads, gala invitations.
- Managed mass email blasts.
The Golandsky Institute
Project: Managed all Institute communication, global marketing, and event operations at Princeton University (spring 2013 - spring 2018).
- Increased symposium attendance by 34% over five years.
- Provided end-to-end management, communications, and marketing for five annual symposiums at Princeton University attended by pianists from 20+ countries.
- Managed the creation and launch of the Institute’s new website ($23,000) and oversaw the re-branding/execution of their print/digital presence through strategic global advertising, e-mail marketing, traditional press, and social media.
- Conceived and implemented the new digital subscription streaming service (Golandsky Streaming) for the Institute’s extensive 90+ educational video catalogue, including an adjacent e-commerce store that houses both DVDs and digital downloads. Both features provide additional revenue to the Institute.
- Implemented live-streaming initiatives for the symposium at Princeton University reaching 50+ countries garnering 12,000+ views.
- Negotiated partnerships with Princeton University, the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra, Rhinegold Publishing, and WWFM Princeton.
- Landed press coverage in The New York Times, The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Washington Post, International Piano, Clavier Companion, among many other outlets.
Project: Provided press/media relations for Astral’s first annual National Auditions Winners Concert at the Kimmel Center’s Perelman Theater (fall 2016, currently provide consulting).
Landed coverage: The Philadelphia Inquirer, WWFM, uwishunu.com, Philadelphia Magazine (Ticket), Broad Street Review, Classical Music magazine (Rhinegold).
LIVING THE CLASSICAL LIFE
Project: Transformed the film series Living the Classical Life into a thriving global entity watched by industry people and fans alike starring Joshua Bell, Yuja Wang, Daniil Trifonov, Stephen Hough and many more (fall 2013 - fall 2014).
- Oversaw the rebranding and renaming of Living the Classical Life; devised a new production strategy featuring high profile classical artists (Joshua Bell, Yuja Wang, Daniil Trifonov, Stephen Hough); bolstered the overall YouTube views to nearly 120,000 (previously under 10,000), which excludes the series’ own website traffic.
- Brokered a global media partnership with Rhinegold Publishing (London) and Elyria Pictures (New York), including cross-promotion, future magazine cover stories and features in International Piano, Opera Now, and Classical Music magazines.
Ching-Yun Hu, piano
Project: Consult with star Taiwanese pianist on an array of matters including career, marketing, branding, and positioning to elevate her public profile and secure higher-paying engagements (summer 2017 - present).
- Launched Ching-Yun Hu's latest album, Rachmaninoff, to critical acclaim from Pianist Magazine and WRTI radio.
- Arranged album launch party at Steinway Hall (New York).
- Expanded social media following and advised on content.
- Developed monthly e-blast about concerts, recent press, and performance videos. Circulated to fans and colleagues to increase buzz.
Michael Fabiano, Tenor
Project: Managed all social media accounts, developed content, and grew following (May 2015 - April 2016).
- Increased Facebook page likes by 89%.
- Increased Instagram followers by 166%.
- Increased Twitter followers by 56%.
- Broke news on social media for these important milestones:
- Opera News cover story, May 2016
- Pilot license, February 2016
- Royal Opera House debut, December 2015
- Managed social media accounts during the time Michael sang in these key venues:
- Glyndebourne - Poliuto - summer 2015
- NDR broadcast of concert version of La Boheme - July 2015
- San Francisco Opera - Luisa Miller - fall 2015
- Zurich Opera - La Boheme - fall 2015
- Royal Opera Covent Garden - Eugene Onegin - December 2015
- Paris Opera - Rigoletto - spring 2016
- Developed VLOG (video blog) ideas and mobilized them for optimal view count to add brand dimension to his career.
DEBORAH VOIGT, SOPRANO
Project: Provided press/media relations for Evan Mack's new opera ROSCOE that had its orchestral premiere with the Albany Symphony and Deborah Voigt in the title role (fall 2016).
Landed coverage: Opera Now (online published), Opera News (online published), Seen and Heard International, Living the Classical Life film episode, Albany Times Union, WAMC Roundtable, WMHT-FM.
Caroline Oltmanns, Pianist
Project: Provided regular consultation on elevating public image and boosting career through branded communication (March 2014 - February 2018).
- Elevated career so that she can receive higher fees and higher caliber engagements.
- Launched two critically acclaimed albums—Venezia e Napoli (2014) and GHOSTS (2016).
- Coached on starting new social channels and ushered in quick growth for her Facebook page, which now has over 12,000 fans (built in two and a half years).
- Delivered strategy for video content mobilized on Facebook and YouTube, which provides greater brand dimension.
- Arranged photo shoots and launch parties.
- Sent monthly email updates to her fans.
- Brokered brand partnerships on her behalf with Steinway Spirio, Steinway Gallery Cleveland, Cleveland International Piano Competition, and fashion houses Nanette Lepore and Jenny Lai.
Press Coverage - View a sampling of media outlets we've obtained placement.
Email Marketing - View examples of email blasts we've designed, wrote, and distributed for clients.
Graphic Design - View program books for clients.
PR Consulting - Read what to expect from PR consulting.